When you communicate with a doctor about your health issues through a chatting system, it is popularly known as online doctor consultation or online medical consultation.
Doing this is a good idea when you cannot manage to go to a clinic or hospital and meet a doctor physically. An online doctor consultation works similarly just like a physical consultation, where you receive a prescription after the meeting gets over.
Some of the most important perks of an online medical consultation are that you can talk to a doctor anytime according to your convenience.
Even by sitting at home, you can buy the recommended supplements using the ‘Order Medicines’ option
- What are the conditions under which an online doctor consultation is needed?
If your health issues are complex and your physician suggests to you that you need the advice of a professional doctor, you will be referred to one.
- You can also communicate with a specialist doctor if you aren’t pleased with the results or treatments of your local doctor.
- Also, if you are suffering from a case that is not getting any better, or if you have been identified with a severe chronic condition, etc.
- What will be the duration of your online meeting with the doctor?
Once you have registered for an online doctor consultation on our app, you will receive 15 minutes to talk to the doctor. This window can permanently get altered depending on your health condition and the number of questions.
Fifteen minutes is not a bound time; the doctor will always speak to you till you get satisfied.
- How to register an online appointment with the doctor prior?
To make an online meeting with a doctor, you can choose the specification from the list shown on your screen or search in the specialty space.
- Once you choose the specialty, a list of doctors will be made visible to you and their availability.
- If you want to register an online communication sometime later, you can select the doctors who have ‘Consult Tomorrow’ or ‘Consult in 2 days, ‘Consult in 3 days’ options.
- You can also select the ‘Schedule for Later’ choice after picking up the doctor and pressing the ‘Consult Now’ button.
- Is the online consultation of doctors legal?
Yes, it is legal and authorized. Online doctor consultation is supremely legitimate under the Indian Medical Council Act of 1956. The Medical Council of India Board of Governors (MCI BOG) has allowed the registration of doctors to exercise through telemedicine.
Online doctor consultation should be practiced by everyone even more as it reduces efforts and inconvenience and saves a lot of your time. You don’t need any kind of transportation to travel to the doctor. You can easily book your meeting with the specialist on the Bajaj Finserv Health app by sitting at your home.
It will always keep your details related to your health and identity private. For more information related to this, you can go through our website.